To make the process of changing your phone number easier, WhatsApp has a separate feature for it. By taking advantage of this feature, you can easily update the old number with the new one. Not only this, information about the number you have changed under this feature is also automatically given to all your contacts. Let’s know step-by-step how to change your WhatsApp number.
Steps to change WhatsApp phone number without losing chats
Before starting the process of changing the phone number, insert a SIM card with new phone number in your phone and make sure that SMS and phone calls are coming on the phone. Also, keep in mind that your old phone number should still be registered on your WhatsApp. You can check the registered mobile number by going to the settings menu of your WhatsApp. Your name and phone number will appear on the screen. After clearing all the points, follow the steps given below and change your WhatsApp number-
– Open WhatsApp on your phone first.
– Now go to Settings on your iPhone or Android phone. Now tap on the three dots menu at the top left of the screen.
– Now click on Account Options and tap on Change Number.
– Now you will see a screen, on which you will be asked whether you are able to receive SMS and call on your new number. After confirming click the Next button.
– Now enter your old and new number here.
– Now click on Next.
WhatsApp will now ask you whether you have to give information to your contacts to change the number or not. In it you will find options for All contacts, Contacts I have chat with and custom numbers.
Whatsapp will now prompt you to register your new phone number. To complete the process, you will receive a 6 digit code through message and call, after which the registration process will be completed.