Aadhaar Card online name update: Presently, Aadhaar card has become a very important document. Whether it is government work or private work, it has become necessary to show Aadhaar card for identity and address everywhere. Nowadays, whether it is a bank job or taking advantage of any government scheme, it is necessary to base Aadhar, otherwise you may have difficulties. We have to give all the information in Aadhaar correctly, but many times it happens that accidentally the name gets misprinted or if the surname of women is changed by marriage, then in such a situation we should get Aadhaar updated.
Until some time ago, we had to go to cyber cafe or our city base center for all the work related to Aadhaar, but now we can update our Aadhaar from home, that too easily. Let us tell you that UIDAI stopped the self update service in Aadhaar card some time back, but now it has been started again.
Many changes are possible
Now people can change not only the name, but the date of birth (DOB), home address (address), mobile number in the Aadhar card sitting at home. Now you will not have to go anywhere else to change your name in Aadhaar. For this, you just need to have a registered number in Aadhaar card and internet in mobile. Let us show you the easy way how you can update the name and address in the Aadhaar card in a few minutes from home.
Change your name online in your home based Aadhar card (Change Your Name On Your Aadhar Card Easy Steps)
– First go to the official website of Aadhaar Card uidai.gov.in.
– On the homepage you will first see the MY Aadhaar option. Click on it.
– Now you have to go to the Update Your Aadhaar section, where you will see a column of Update your Demographics Data Online. Click it.
– By clicking on it, you will reach the official website of self-service update portal of UIDAI ssup.uidai.gov.in.
– Here you have to log in with your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
– After this, fill the captcha given on the screen and click on Send OTP, after which OTP will reach your registered mobile number.
After inserting OTP, in the next steps a new page will open in front of you, in which you will have to enter your personal details such as your address, date of birth, name, and many other information including gender.
– Now you have to select the section in which you want to make changes. Meaning that now you will have the option to change the name, date of birth, address. If you want to change the name, then you click on the update name.
– Here it is to be noted that you must have an ID proof to update the name. As an ID proof, you can upload PAN card, driving license, voter ID card, ration card.
After giving all the details, a verification OTP will come on your number and you will have to verify it. After this, change the save.
Need to know
For your information, let us know that you can make any change in Aadhaar online at home or you can also update your Aadhaar by visiting the Aadhaar Center. For this, you have to take your original documents along with your registered mobile number. If you update your Aadhaar at home, then you will not have to pay any charge for it, but if you update it by going to Aadhaar center or cyber café, then you may have to pay 25 rupees or more.
If you want to change the details other than the name, then for that you will have to take the corresponding proof. If you are thinking of changing the date of birth, then definitely take a birth certificate.