To enable all the functions mentioned above, first of all you should have Find My iPhone feature activated in your iPhone.
How to enable Find My iPhone
– Open Settings.
– Now you will see the Apple ID under the search bar in the first tab of the Settings screen on which you have to click.
– Now click on Find My option, which is the third option after iCloud and Media & Purchases.
– After this, select Find My iPhone option. Now toggle on the Find My iPhone option.
After completing the steps mentioned above, you are ready to search your lost iPhone. To find the location of your lost iPhone or to delete data icloud.com/find Sign in
How to view lost iphone on a map
– Go to the link given above and enter the Apple ID and password through the browser after signing-in. Soon after, the location of your iPhone will be detected automatically.
– After a few seconds, the location of your iPhone will be visible through the map on the screen.
– If the device appears in an unknown location, users are warned not to attempt to get their iPhone on their own. Instead, you can take help of law.
How to play a sound on your lost iPhone
After locating the phone, you will see All Devices at the top of the map, on which you have to click.
– Select your lost iPhone model on the drop-down menu.
– Now a floating box will appear on the top-right corner of the screen, in which the picture of your iPhone, the name of the phone and the remaining battery will appear.
– Now you click on the Play Sound button, so that your iPhone will start vibrating and beeping sound which will be accelerating slowly, even if your phone is in silent mode. This feature is especially useful when you forget to put your iPhone in a nearby room or a nearby place. You must unlock your phone to stop the sound.
How to mark your iPhone as lost
– Click on the Lost Mode button from the floating window.
– You will be asked to enter an optional phone number, which you have. This number will appear on your lost iPhone. Now you will be asked to enter a custom message which will also appear on your iPhone. Keep in mind that these steps are optional. Lost mode will automatically lock your iPhone with a passcode to ensure that all data remains secure.
– Now click on Done.
How to erase data on your lost iPhone
– Click on the Erase iPhone button from the floating window.
– Your confirmation will be asked in the pop-up message. Keep in mind that by confirming all the data in your phone will be deleted. Missed information cannot be an iPhone locale and track.
– Now click on Erase.