With all these features, the Signal app is giving a tough competition to apps like WhatsApp and Telegram. Of signal Claim That is, even the messages accessed on laptop and computer will remain completely private on the signal.
Like WhatsApp, you must also keep the Signal app in your phone. But the use of signal on laptop and computer is slightly different from WhatsApp Web. Signal does not have a web client, due to which it is limited to desktop apps. This means that you cannot access the message on the signal using a web browser. For this, you will have to download and install its native app on your laptop and computer. The Signal Desktop app is available for the Windows, macOS and Linux platforms. This would require at least 64-bit Windows 7, macOS 10.10 or APT such as Ubuntu or Debian to support 64-bit Linux distribution. To use the signal in your laptop and computer, you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
How to use Signal on your laptop or PC
1. First on your desktop Signal Download
2. Now install the downloaded Signal Desktop. Follow the prompts shown on the screen to install the download app in the window laptop and computer. But if you are using macOS, then you will have to remove it from the signal and go to the Applications folder and install it. Linux users have to install it on the device following the guidelines shown on the screen.
3. After installation, Signal Desktop has to be linked with your phone, for which you have to scan the QR code coming on the laptop or computer screen. To scan the QR code, you have to open the signal settings of your Android or iPhone smartphone. Then tap on Linked Devices and then click on the (+) sign.
4. You can also choose the name of your linked device.
5. Now click on Finish button and complete the process.